2017 MATCH PLAY CHampion Competition
INFO and Results
Please update results on the Bulletin Board downstairs in the Club House
For 2017 the Men's League Committee has determined the following rules for match play.
- Sign-up at the Pro Shop no later than 17 May 2017 (1st Scramble Night)
- Entry Fee $20
- There will be one flight for all match play participants
- All matches will use 100% of current handicap at the time of the match
- There will be NO qualifying round
- There will be NO consolation round (single loss knock-out)
- There will be no ties after 18 holes. If a tie exists after 18 holes, competitors will continue playing starting from the 1st hole played at the beginning of the match. The first competitor to win a hole wins the match (sudden death format).
- There may be bye's determined by the schedule
- There will be stringent completion dates. If players do not complete matches by closing time of the set completion date, the winner of a match will be determined by a coin toss performed by Men's League Committee representatives. Exceptional circumstances will be considered.
- Seeding process will be set by drawing from a hat (Men's League Committee to conduct draw)
- Winner receives a jacket and $250 Pro Shop Credits
- There will be additional pay-outs (amount TBD by number of participants)
- All participants to provide their phone numbers so players can contact each other to set up their matches.
- RCGA match play rules apply. The Men's League Committee will be the authority in assessing any disputes.
THIS YEAR'S COMPETITION WILL ADHERE TO STRICT COMPLETION TIMELINES.
Match Completion Dates
Round 1 Matches: June 18th
Round 2 Matches: July 9th
Round 3 Matches: July 30th
Round 4 Matches: Aug 13th
Finalist Round: Aug 27th